Friday, March 14, 2014

Roasted Chicken with Bradford Pear Jelly Glaze!

Bradford Pear Jelly
Back in the fall when I was experimenting with Bradford pear fruit, I thought at the time that the jelly would make a really great glaze for meat.  It has a sweet and sour flavor that would make a great addition to pork or chicken.  I pulled a jar out tonight and gave it a shot.  It did not disappoint!  I would certainly make it again.  I added some crushed red pepper to give it some spice.  It also needed a green touch for contrast so I used parsley and ground filé (Sassafras leaves).  It was excellent.

Chicken Ready to Bake
Roasted Chicken with Bradford Pear Jelly Glaze

Ingredients:

10 lbs chicken leg quarters
1 cup Bradford Pear Jelly
1 T crushed red pepper
1 T green herb of choice (like parsley or filé)

Directions:

Place chicken in greased pan.  Put jelly in microwave for 30 seconds to liquify.  Brush meat with jelly.  Sprinkle seasoning on meat.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

Just Out of the Oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment